Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tweedy-plaidy-bouclé jacket

I have a bumper crop of finished objects this week.  Here's my latest jacket, as I wore it today.  You might recognize the top...

After my pattern modifications (reducing dart take-up in back, lengthening at hem in back, adding width through the midriff, inserting light shoulder pads and sleeve heads) I am left with this quite lovely shape.  It's fitted without being tight, and the collar sits nicely away from my neck.


I'm wearing this with my black pants; I have some dark navy pantweight wool in stash.  It would look better with the blue-green wool.  I just have to find it.  And make the pants.  I wonder if I can do it before July?

Now that I've got this lovely new rather thick wool jacket, temperatures in the 20s (C) are forecast.  It figures.


20 comments:

  1. The jacket looks fantastic and expensive! Like one I would eye at the store and not even check the price tag. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking jacket! Very flattering fit

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket is great! It's really warm here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful jacket, it looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love jackets like that! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful!! Such a versatile jacket style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! It's a classic style--never out of fashion--so if you don't get to wear it right away, it will still be right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful jacket, and a great little pattern. How's the matching dress coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous and it fits you perfectly! It looks very smart with black trousers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful ! If your weather is anything like ours, you'll still get to wear it. Every day this week, they've added a degree or two to Sunday's predicted high. So far, they're up to 22°. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful crafted jacket and goes really well with your hand-knitted top

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fantastic jacket. Love the pattern. Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a beautiful jacket. And it looks lovely worn with the hand knitted top.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautifully tailored piece! I love the top underneath -- I agree, the i-cord edges are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beautiful jacket and works so well with the knitted by you top!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your jacket. The fit is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful jacket! The color is lovely and that length is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely jacket. The colour is beautiful. Question: I live in Ottawa and I'm wondering where you shop for fabric? The choices seem limited here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like this jacket... I looked at my pattern stash and I have something similar - I have aleardy made one like this ... but I like the collar of this jacket better. I think I will make some adjustments...

    ReplyDelete