Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Vogue 2770 encore

Way back when I spent a lot of time altering the pattern for the jacket from Vogue 2770 to fit me perfectly. Why waste all that work? I'm making it again.

Out of this unique and irreplaceable fabric.

I got it at the Fabric Flea Market (where else?) in 2009. The vendor told me she had raised the sheep (merino), sheared the wool, spun and dyed it, and then wove it (together with a few novelty yarns) into this luscious and completely irregular stripe.

The fabric is only 98cm wide and the vendor had cut it into skirt lengths of around 1.5m. I bought two, which are enough for the princess seamed jacket.

5 comments:

  1. Love the fabric. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabric - looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AMAZING fabric and I love the jacket you've made from it.

    ReplyDelete