Tuesday, May 9, 2017

But first, this skirt

It's still pretty cold here so it does not seem at all ridiculous to have just finished this nice warm wool skirt in the first half of May.

It's #104 from the March 2009 issue of Burda Style (which I have made before).

The fabric is from stash (natch). I picked it up at the Fabric Flea Market so I do not know the exact composition, but am guessing there is a good amount of cashmere mixed with the wool. It is a light coating weight and has a napped surface with a bit of a sheen on which every crease and wrinkle stands right out. But oh how lovely it is! My favourite shade of teal. In fact, it coordinates perfectly with the top and cardigan I just finished.

The colour is truer to life in the photo at right.

I love how the lines of the shaped waistband flow into the pocket openings.

3 comments:

  1. Love the whole outfit! Is the top sewn or knitted? Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitted: http://kaythesewinglawyer.blogspot.ca/2017/04/more-knitting.html

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous skirt and sweater. Pockets 👍

    ReplyDelete