Monday, May 22, 2017

This is what I was working on


Why yes, it's crazy bright!

But also thin and drapey. Should be perfect for summer, if summer ever comes to these parts. (The furnace came on this morning!)

There are lots of details in my previous post and more serious information can be found on my Ravelry project page.

The short form is:

147g
100% tencel
44cm x 60cm, approximately

The colour is more accurate in the other photos
I always like to see knitting laid flat so I can assess how it is constructed. As you can see, this top has a very simple shape.

There are some short rows at the top of the stripey lace portion and below the band of ribbing at the top of both front and back. This serves to introduce a bit of slope at the shoulder, so the cap sleeve isn't too big and floppy.

I added some subtlety to the construction by making the back a tiny bit (1.5cm or so) longer than the front. This is in the top ribbed band only. The point is to allow the shoulder seam to shift forwards in wearing. This does two things at once. It lowers the top of the front neck, and it prevents the back from riding up. Basically, I think the shoulder seams would have shifted forward anyway; this just lets them lie there naturally.

The arm openings are finished with a line of single crochet. This helps the edges lie flatter, and simultaneously takes care of some (ahem) knitting imperfections.

The back is otherwise identical to the front.

I like it! Since it took less than one cone, I'm hoping to exchange the other for a different colour. I may need two of these.

But it won't be for a while. I had to put the 360 away. Company's coming next weekend, and I have to go back to work after my five weeks off. Blogging will become less frequent, I'm sorry to say.


3 comments:

  1. Ho nice top! I like the point you chose... in French we say " un point the tricot" is it the same word in English. The rib part goes very well with the rest of the body. Love the colour! Did you make this jeans as well? ;-) after years of resistance, I am about to jump into the "I made my jeans " wagon ;-) a bit because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful top! It is better than I imagined! What a nice combination of garment shape, stitch pattern, and color! Too bad the knitting machine has to go away when company is over. I hope it won't be long before it is set up again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete